7 Ways to Keep Hope Alive During The Tough Times
Sometimes we need to take a break from writing a book or whatever we are doing at the time. “Life” gets in the way. We have a tough obstacle to overcome. We lost someone we love. A child needs our immediate attention. We must care for a sick child, or a parent needs our care. Many things happen that prevent us from moving on.
I found the following guidelines for keeping hope alive in a book I wrote a few years ago. It reminds me that sometimes we need to take a time-out while we rearrange the priorities in our lives. The next time you are going through tough times and there seems to be “no light at the end of the tunnel” this guide might help you…
Hope is the mainspring of life. Without hope we become lost and have no direction. Whenever you need a boost of hope use these seven affirmations to help you keep on going. Make them a part of your daily life.
1. I can YANK myself out of the doldrums by saying, “I can always find a way.” I will say this as often as needed.
2. I will create an ACCOMPLISHMENT BOOK and write all the positive milestones that happened in my life. Periodically I will review my book, especially on tough days. I will practice positive thinking and keep a good attitude.
3. I will keep AWARE each day of what is going on in my life at that moment. When I notice that I am slipping into a feeling of hopelessness, I will “snap out of it” by calling a friend.
4. I will LAUGH and be joyful each day, as laughter heals. I will smile many times each day as I greet hope.
5. I will find a way to get HELP and support immediately from a trusted friend, pastor, support group or a professional therapist.
6. I will find a way to OVERCOME any OBSTACLES that come my way.
7. I will PRAY or MEDITATE, as it will help me to stay focused on solving my problems and will keep me mentally healthy and alert. My daily prayers will keep my faith strong.
- - - -
The author’s book, “Top 10 Traits of Silicon Valley Dynamos” can be ordered at: http://www.rayveproductions.com/inc/pdetail?v=1&pid=506